If you need a quick and intense cardio blast, you gotta try this workout. Interval Superset on the Elliptical Trainer!!!
- Step onto the elliptical trainer and begin striding
- Set to Quick Start – make no adjustments to the ramp
- Set the resistance at a minimum of 10 – 12. If you weigh over 200lbs., set at 12 – 13. You should feel like you are moving against resistance, but not too much.
- Increase stride rate to between 150 and 160 – maintain this rate
- At the 3 minute & 45 second mark, increase resistance by 2 – from 10 increase to 12, or from 12 increase to 14
- At the 4 minute mark increase your stride rate to 200 to 230 range, maintain for 30 second, and then drop back to the original rate of 150 to 160 range for 30 seconds
- Repeat on the minute mark for a total of 6 intervals, then cool down by reducing resistance to start setting, decrease stride rate to 140 to 150, and finish at the 12 minute mark.
This is a hands-free, high intensity exercise. The unstable environment created by going hands-free increases in-exercise caloric demand by 30%. Pump your arms as though you were running. Focus on activating your core. Move from the hips, keeping your upper body very stable.