I have eaten more protein bars in my lifetime than I could ever count. I use protein bars as a quick and easy way to satisfy my hunger while I am on the go. To my dislike most protein bars on the market are filled with all kinds of ingredients you can’t spell or even pronounce. Now, I can add the word healthy to “quick and easy”.
I started receiving request from my Body Fat Detox clients for the “best” protein bar for them to eat while on the program. As I thought about this request I kept coming back to the same answer, there wasn’t one! This left only one solution. I had to create one that they could make at home that was quick and easy to make and also HEALTHY!
Jay’s Homemade Healthy Protein Bars:
- 1/2 cup (or 2 scoops) of Protein Powder – VERY IMPORTANT that your protein powder is Gluten Free, Soy Free and Yeast Free – I use and recommend Elite Whey Protein
- 1 cup of Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice Crisp (only 1 gram of sugar) recommended brand – Erewhon (I get them at Sprouts or Whole Foods)
- 1 cup of Quinoa Flakes
- 1/4 cup of Organic Flax Seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup of Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 cup of Cashew Butter
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips (melted) – to make them even healthier I use 1/3 cup of Vegan Carob Chips by Sunspire instead of the chocolate
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened Coconut Flakes (optional)
- In a large bowl mix: protein powder, brown rice crisp, quinoa flakes, flax seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- Place brown rice syrup and cashew butter in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until warm and easily stirred. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Line a pan with wax paper and spread the mixture evenly. Lightly wet your hands and press the mixture into a thin layer.
- Melt the chocolate (or carob chips) in the microwave for 30 seconds – stir it – then heat for another 30 seconds. Pour the chocolate over the pressed mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle unsweetened coconut flakes over the top of the chocolate.
- Place in the freeze for 10 minutes until the chocolate sets.
- Cut into small squares and store in the refrigerator
Servings: 12 to 20 depending on how large you make your squares Calories: 100 to 200 per bar depending on the size Fat: Around 10 grams per bar Protein: Around 10 to 15 grams per bar Carbohydrates: Around 15 to 30 grams per bar
I hope you enjoy and love these homemade protein bars as much as I do! They are 100% Body Fat Detox APPROVED. These are a great option for a mid-afternoon snack.
Health and Happiness,
P.S. If you are on the fence as to whether the Body Fat Detox is right for you, send me a message with your question. We can also set up a time to talk about weight loss goals to make sure that my program fits all of your needs. I look forward to working with you and helping you achieve your goals!
For FREE tips you can follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nixonelite and twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/NixonElite @nixonelite
Please free to use this content on this site as long as help spread the word about Nixon Elite. Use the following link with article for my consent to use the content. http://nixonelite.com